Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Transfer Credits

So after a 1.5 year hiatus, I'm back to school... and needing God.

I should be a third year student based on "transferable credits", but because of a different major (Computer Science now instead of Computer Engineering), I'll accept being a second year. But no~~~ They put me as first year.

It seems submitting the required documents in June wasn't early enough to get it all processed in time before registration ends. I have 3 core classes transferred, that's it. I'm watching $80,000 of my previous university's tuition go down the drain (40 if they do their job and at least transfer something)... And... But I'll cut the complaining and get to the point:

You, yes, you! You can help.

I have 3 more classes that right now, if transferred, could potentially save me one year. These are:
CSCI 2010U - Principles of Computer Science
CSCI 2050U - Computer Architecture
MATH 1020U - Calculus II

I've taken all those courses before in Georgia Tech equivalents. That's it, that'll save me one year and $10,000. I just want to receive credits for what I've already done, is that really too much to ask? And yes there are other courses awaiting transfer, but these are the pivotal ones.

Back to how you can help:
1. Pray to God that these 3 courses will transfer.
2. Buy me dinner, or give me some chocolate. I need compassion right now...

哇~~~~~~~~ T.T
I feel somewhat angry and stressed. But another part of me feels calm because I know whatever happens is going to be what God plans. Ya, this can't be worse than what happened at my last university. It's times like this that makes you glad to be Christian. Well, and death... But I'm getting sidetracked...

Oh, here's my campus. The University of Ontario Institute of Technology.

1 comment: