Sunday, September 1, 2013

Good News Week - A Summary

Hey guys! Let me share some good news with you!

I am here at Moody Theological Seminary! I'm actually here! Sitting in my room on campus, I realized that it has only been a week since school started. Since then, God has done so much. In fact, I prayed very specifically that God would give me a piece of good news each day that I can share with you all. God answered.
The Moody Campus

Some of you may not know this, but US immigration and I don't really get along. We haven't for the past 5 years since they kicked me out. In fact, at the border two weeks ago, I was almost refused entry. I don't blame them though, it's my fault. But still, the very fact that I am in the US is by God's grace and really a miracle. For those more legally inclined, have you ever heard of someone entering the US without an I-20? Ya, I did that.

I have also started learning both Greek and Hebrew in an official capacity, thoroughly enjoying the lessons. I look forward to every class I attend, bathing in the knowledge and wisdom of my professors, men of God from whom I can learn much. I've been encouraged and inspired by my peers, men and women with a vision for what God can do in our lives. I got a free number, countless new friends, and even a job I didn't ask for! God has really given me something exciting to share each and every day.

See, Facebook, blogs, or any kind of social media is ideal for sharing good news. We do it all the time when we use instagram or write status updates. I had plenty this week. But every single day, I actually had better news to share. I have something that I want more than anything (cf. Psalm 73:25), a piece of news that allows me to get up in the morning (cf. Lam 3:22-23), a hope that both drives and sustains me (cf. Psalm 119:116)...

This my friends is the best news of all: That there is a God. And this God has revealed Himself in the Bible and in the person Jesus Christ. Compared to knowing God, me getting a job means nothing. Compared to receiving His love, me making friends amounts to nothing. Compared to feeling the intimacy and warmth of His embrace... I want nothing else.

God is worth more than my job, my education, my home, my hopes, my dreams, my plans, and yes, even my life... I now know more than ever what my purpose in life is, to make disciples of all nations (Matt 28:19), to proclaim the gospel wherever I go (Mark 16:15), to preach as long as there is breath in me, to cry out every day, "Here I am! Send me" (Isa 6:8).

Christian, don't you dare waste your life on trivial things and petty games. Live for God! This was the best decision I made in my life and the best news that I've been told: that I need only repent and believe in order to be a son of God. If you haven't done that yet, you need to. Right now. I have and I've never looked back since.

No comments:

Post a Comment