Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Meditations on Vision

Photo by helgabj

Vision.

To think, plan, and imagine a future. To know the possibilities and to act upon it. To see it so vividly that it feels like one can reach out with one's hands and simply grasp it...

Vision.

To see a world so lost that it hurts. To feel the traumatizing pain that is killing billions of people across the planet. To weep because they are dying. To weep because no one else seems to care.

Vision.

To see my own sin so clearly that I feel repugnant of myself. To hate it and to mortify. To scream out Romans 7:24. To feel utterly broken...

Vision.

To understand what it takes to change all of this. To calculate the steps. To count the costs (cf. Luke 14). To embrace suffering. To deny oneself. To be restored by the cross.

Vision.

To have no pride. To see only that one thing. To want only that one thing. To have only that one thing... Christ in me, the hope of glory (cf. Col 1:27).


The fruition of a vision is not measured by money or influence or ministry success or planting a church! Its fruition is measured by seeing a smile from God Himself and hearing on that day, "Well done, good and faithful servant" (Matt 25:23). Yes, that is enough.

Lord, grant me vision. Let Your smile be the only thing I want to see, Your embrace the only thing I want to feel, Your presence the only thing I want to know. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment