Thursday, February 26, 2009

Public blogEntry as Worksheet

'Can you guess what language this is?
'I gave you a huge hint already...

Public Sub myWork
 Dim payCheck as Single, workHours as Long, projectComplete as Boolean
 Dim startHours as Single, endHours as Variable
 Dim sneakyMode as Boolean, stareAtScreen as Boolean, goHome as Boolean
 Dim newEmotion as String

 startHours = 800

  If projectComplete = False Then
  endHours = 1900
  payCheck = Null
   newEmotion = "Indifference"
  Else
   endHours = 1855
 End if

 For i = startHours to EndHours
  If startHours + 30 > i
   stareAtScreen = True
  End If

  If bored or frustrated Then
   If bossLooking = False Then
    timeLimit = 30 + x
    Call StartBlogging
   Else
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    sneakyMode = True
    timeLimit = 10
    Call StartBlogging
   End If
   Dim guilt as integer
   guilt = workHours/timeLimit
  End If

  If guilt > 9 Then
   Exit Sub
  End If

  stareAtScreen = False
 Next i

workProcess:
 Call workDetails

 If endHours + 60 > now
  goHome = False
  Goto workProcess
 Else
  goHome = True
  newEmotion = "Joy"
 End If
End Sub

6 comments:

  1. I hate languages that don't use curly braces and end-of-line delimiters :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I prefer C.
    Wait, what do you work with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mainly C when I was in college; but later on in my senior year Java and C# (still love Java, although the drawback is the bloated virtual machine). I code the fastest in Java.

    I'm mainly dealing with JavaScript and PHP these days (at CCC). (Just yesterday I wasted debugging time because I wasn't thinking clearly and mixed up the string contatenation operators for JavaScript and PHP. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished a web form for parents to sign-up for dates at a school. Had to do some pretty severe JavaScript hacking because I found out that one person should be able to sign-up for multiple days...ugh. 1-to-1 is so much easier! People should start to use it in 45 minutes, after it's announced to the parents.

    I should get paid for programming these kinds of things...

    The answer is Visual Basic, sir.

    And, yes, I always read people's blogs one (1) month late, but I have to try hard to find entries I can actually read on your blog :/

    --Chris Baker

    ReplyDelete
  5. I assume you wrote this on work time while your boss wasn't looking?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris got it right! Though tecnically it's Visual Basic Advanced; I use it for Excel macros. Next time I see you, you get a prize.

    And yes... my boss wasn't looking at that time.

    ReplyDelete