Monday, February 9, 2009

A Sad Composition

我又一次離開了台灣...

Everytime I leave Taiwan I am left with a sense of unwillingness, regret, and even sorrow.
I am unwilling to leave because Taiwan is my home, it may not be where I grew up but it is what I consider home. Most people who will read this probably know how much I love Taiwan. That is why I am unwilling, unwilling to leave my love.
I am regretful because of the things I could have done but did not, the food I could have eaten but missed out on, the people I could have met with but sat out on. The people... so close to my heart, for no clear reason, yet so far away, so very far away...
I am sad because this past year was the first time I've been in Taiwan this often, and I fear it will not happen again. At least not for a good number of years. I cannot settle down for fear of having to leave again; in fact, I'm not even there anymore.

And what some of you may not know how sparingly I use the word love; I want to retain its significance. I do not "love" a smoothly cut salmon sashimi served fresh from a renowned Japanese fish market... though that's pretty close to true love right there... Just not quite. The point is I don't use love just everywhere, but I love Taiwan. I'd love to see God in Taiwan, or rather in every single acre of land and every person on it. He's working on it, and so am I. But right now...

我又一次離開了台灣

It seems it is only in English that I spew out thoughts and philosophy of a significant caliber. Perhaps that is not such a good thing... Chinese again? Who cares about you Americans anyways... Sorry guys, it seems I write about updates to my life in Chinese mostly... So you are stuck with these...

Oh, and I went evangelizing with the church one Sunday, most of the people I knew weren't there. Slackers.

1 comment:

  1. Heh... well, thank God for putting the love for Taiwan in your heart. :) Even though it hurts sometimes...

    (Slackers? lol...)

    ReplyDelete