Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Epiphany

*tongue in cheek warning*
I was running late for Colluni fellowship the other day since we ate dinner late. I was still dressed in my sloppy-stay-at-home attire I had to change real quick. I started to put on my jeans and a random t-shirt. And that's when I realized:
"I need to take a dump."
I stood there for 30 seconds contemplating whether I should go to the bathroom or just hold it in. I decided to go take care of business for safety's sake. And then I did something I have never done in my entire life. I don't know why it has never even occurred to me or why no one I know has done it. This is what I did:

I put on my socks as I took a dump.

Yes, they were happening simultaneously, beautifully coinciding with one another, perfectly matching in rhythm. It's as if they were destined to be done together, a holy matrimony made in heaven. And then it felt like I heard an angelic chorus and a bright light shone on me. I reached an epiphany.

Nothing is impossible, all you have to do is imagine it and you can do it. The oddest of oddities can shatter the weirdest of impossibilities if only one would try it, despite "it" possibly being the vainest of vanities. What matters is removing the limit. And after doing so, you might just achieve something you previously thought to be unachievable... like putting on socks while taking a dump.

No comments:

Post a Comment